Sunday, March 29, 2015

How my first business FAILED...

3fe326f
I remember my first company. Man, it was great. It was actually a great business. Surprisingly, it was something that wasn't done yet, by anyone, until a few years later. Now this was 1998, I think, and I was revved up to make this business a future cornerstone. I was coaching basketball to youths at the time and while watching a professional game, the idea hit me. My business was a developmental league that would be a kind of minor league system for NBA teams. Like how the New York Yankees built their minor league farm system to produce some of the Yankee legends such as Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera.
I worked a few leagues and got some considerable attention due to being so young and already coaching basketball on a fundamental level. This was the best business for athletes that wanted to learn a bit more than what college would teach them about playing in the NBA.
NBA Development League Logo.svg
But there was one key thing that was the main cause of my business failing. Quite simply, I never got started. Yep, as simple as not getting started, I failed at one of the best ideas I ever had. Fast forward to 2001, I'm a graduating high school senior and the announcement comes out that the National Basketball Association Developmental League (NBDL or D-League) was born. You want to talk about devastated? All I had to do was look in the mirror to point the blame. A huge bummer, but I knew back then that I was on to something and I bet you are too.
Now, I've gone on to create, own and partner with several other businesses to increase my business knowledge. I wound up spending a decade in the music industry doing pretty well but nothing quite like my first business or rather "the business that never happened". I made it my goal to never let anyone I encounter ever have that kind of failure. And that means YOU. Yes, YOU!!!
IMG 8786
To have the kind of regret I had, for never getting started with something I really wanted and I won't let you do it to yourself either. By being a part of this Power Group of mine, I'll be giving you, literally giving away my knowledge, tips, strategies and even my resources to help you reach your goals, create your own business or improve what you may have already started. I only have 3 things I ask of you:
1) OPEN EVERY EMAIL I SEND YOU. (You'll learn to expect my emails as they will be packed with substantial information and opportunities)
2) Go through the message in the email and respond with your answers, thoughts and feedback. (It's important to participate/do the exercises)
3) Let me know what else you would like to learn. (If you have specific questions, just reply to the email and I will personally reply to you with a direct answer and I might include it in future emails so everyone can learn what to do in the same situation)
If you do these 3 things every time I send an email to you, you won't need toGoogle the best ways to run, operate and even profit from your business. You'll be able to see the change in your business and in your life. You are going to start winning and you'll have the tools you need, just by applying the principles and advice I'll be giving to you, that will help you WIN
Aren't you ready to start winning? I bet you are. Start winning today by taking a quick survey.
P.S. Thanks for being you and giving yourself the power to "Love What You Do." Here's something to get you started. Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment