Saturday, April 18, 2015

Why does it have to be so difficult to find an apartment in NYC?

Why does it have to be so difficult to find an apartment in NYC?


Finding a good apartment in NYC can be an overwhelming task. With varying levels of frustration along the way. You've heard of the "bait and switch" practices, right? You know, when the realtor tells you the apartment you’re interested in has been leased but there’s, all of a sudden, "another one", which turns out to be smaller and more expensive. Even worse, the frustration when you actually call an agent and they only have time for you if you are moving immediately. You tell him that you are moving in "3 months and would like to check out some apartments" and he says "call me back when the time is closer to you moving." What the...{click}. " Sheesh!!! Seems like no one wants to take the time to listen to what YOU REALLY WANT in an apartment and is willing to put in the time to find it with you.
Believe me, I know how it is searching every apartment rental website to find the perfect apartment. The run around and frustration is mind boggling, only to realize you're going to have to drop a load of cash, an arm and half of a leg, to get the one you "really" want. None of the real "gems" (Looks good, has a good price and in a reasonable location) are easily found, maybe that's why they are so rare. It sucks to be honest. Who has that kind of time to scour NYC? The answer... I DO!!!
I'm from NYC, born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I have a decade of experience in the music industry and it has allowed me access into so many neighborhoods and buildings. I've seen almost every nook and cranny the city has to offer and I aim to provide the highest level of service and to guide you through the process of buying, selling or renting. I understand the process, procedures and patience needed to get you the home you're looking for. I'm willing to use my network of contacts and my expertise of the Upper West Side to help you find your dream home. I'm willing to show you as many homes as possible to find you the right one. Email me at SKellum@TeamGotham.com or just hit reply with what you're looking for.
Also, you don't have to be looking to move right now either. When you're on an apartment hunt, you could be feeling the pressure to just get whatever is available because you may not know what to look for. I'll show you... just bring the coffee. :)
We'll visit countless properties to help you make an experienced decision in the future. Email me at SKellum@TeamGotham.com to set up an appointment or just hit reply with what you're looking for.
Best regards
Shaheim Kellum
P.S. I have listings of available apartments and rooms around Manhattan that I send out a few times a month. If you would like to join my apartment rentals list, just hit reply with your email address and I will send you my latest listings.


No comments:

Post a Comment